Did you know that studies have shown most New Year’s resolutions will be broken in a matter of weeks! January starts with high hopes and even higher expectations. BUT before you know it, you're deep in to February and absolutely nothing has changed. You're eating is still all over the place, your training is sporadic and less than effective, takeaways are back on the weeknight menu, netflix has replaced reading, and you're not the zen goddess you were certain you would be by this point..... DON'T DO THAT AGAIN THIS YEAR! In order to break a pattern you need to do something entirely different. You have to create the proper conditions for predictable success. Here are some ways you can do that:
1. Set specific goals and put them in writing. Set a maximum of three goals down and make them SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely)
2. Make your goals public. This is a tough one for many people, because if you tell EVERYONE, and you then give up, you risk embarrassing yourself. So there’s an obvious incentive to stick with it.
3. Introduce third-party accountability into the effort. Get a friend involved and arrange to go to the gym or a run together each day. You now have an obligation to show up, as you don’t want to let your friend down.
4. Own your actions and have very clear consequences for failure. “There has to be a cost to failure" Now this may sound like a harsh one but when the going gets tough (which it will) it's far too easy to give up, unless there is something at stake. This could be a date you are working towards (wedding, photoshoot), or having a dollar jar for every missed workout or cheat day.
5. Have a plan to get where you want to be and trust the process. The best way to guarantee that you will follow through is by having a plan. You need structure, you need a framework, you need a strategy and you need some support!
Do you want a proven way to get results this year? Learn how to eat for your goals, train like a badass, get stronger than ever and build a lean physique that you can maintain for the rest of the year. Introducing the Lean Lifestyle 2020 Program. A 12 week intensive program including:
Structured resistance training program designed for losing fat & building muscle
Weekly customised macro targetsDetailed e-book on how to set, track & manage your macros (SO valuable for ongoing success)
Weekly video content covering mindset, nutrition & training
Compliance tracking system to manage every variable including training, nutrition, sleep, stress, steps & measurements.
Access to training video library.
Weekly check-in with myself
Ongoing support via email & private Facebook community